STEP up to physical activity with The Primary School PE & Sport Premium
We are delighted to see that Primary Schools are now expected to offer sustainable physical education programmes funded via the Primary PE and Sport Premmium and Healthy Pupils Capital Fund.
These focus points for Head Teachers (from UK Active) gets full support from us too:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
Because, sadly, we are raising a generation of inactive children - taught by overweight disinterested adults!
UK Active goes on to explain 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity (the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school)
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
When studies reveal we spend twice as long on the loo as we do exercising what message are we giving students - they might as well give up!
Tell a teacher about STEP. Tell them to look at using the extra funding to allow children a chance of success by implementing our physical literacy programme. We tick all the boxes above and are extremely relevant to the health and fitness component of the national curriculum for PE.
STEP is a one-to-one programme specifically designed to help those that struggle in PE. Let's get kids that hate being outside / in a group / socially interactive... to engage with a coach of their own. The funding will cover training which is a bonus for up skilling staff too.
Want to talk to the schools already taking part? Call the number above and we will give you the Head Teacher's direct line!